What are the Different Types of Rummy Card Games?
The most common types of rummy games are:
- Indian Rummy
- Deals Rummy
- Pool Rummy
- 101 Pool Rummy
- 201 Pool Rummy
- Points Rummy
|Start Playing Rummy Game by downloading Gamezy for Android and for iOS Now!
What is Indian Rummy?
Indian Rummy is a variant of the Rummy game, popular in India that involves making valid sets out of 13 cards that are distributed among every player on the table. In Indian Rummy Game, each player is dealt 13 cards initially; if the number of players is 2, then a 52 cards deck is chosen for the game and if there are 6 players, two decks of 52 cards each are combined for the game.
Each player has to draw and discard cards by turns till one player combines his/her cards with valid sets that meet the Rummy validation rules.
What is Deals Rummy & How is it Played?
Deals Rummy is an exciting variation of the 13 cards Rummy where you play for a fixed number of hands dealt. Each player gets a fixed number of chips to play with in Deals Rummy. The winner of each deal gets the chips from the players who lose. The player with the higher number of chips at the end of all deals is declared the winner.
What is Pool Rummy & How is it Played?
Pool Rummy is a variant of 13 cards Indian Rummy where players pay a fixed entry fee which forms the prize pool. A player is eliminated once their score reaches the maximum limit of points on the table eg: 101 Points Pool or 201 Points Pool.
What is Points Rummy & How is it played?
Points Rummy is a variant of 13 cards Indian Rummy where players play for points with pre-decided rupee value. One player who makes the first valid declaration wins the game with 0 points and wins all the cash based on the opponents' total points. The Points Rummy game is one of the most popular and fastest variants of Rummy games.
5 Tips to win a Game of Rummy:
- Try to form a pure sequence as soon as possible. A declaration can’t be made without a pure sequence.
- Refrain from drawing cards from the discarded pile as your competitor will know the formation of your cards.
- Play with smart cards.For example, a 6 of any suit can work with 4 & 5 of the same suit and also 7 & 8 of the same suit.
- Replace high point cards like Ace, Jack, Queen and King with Joker or Wild Cards. In case you are losing a game, it will reduce the point load.
- Recheck your cards before making a declaration. An invalid declaration can make you lose the game in no time.
Check out more Rummy Tips and Tricks here.
FAQs on Rummy Card Game
How Many Players Can Play Rummy?
Rummy card game can be played between 2 to 6 players.
Which is the Best Card Game for 2 Players?
Rummy is the Best card game for 2 players.
Is it Legal to Play Online Rummy in India?
Yes, it is legal to play online rummy in India.
What is Pure Sequence in Rummy?
A pure sequence is a gathering of at least three cards of a similar suit, submitted in the continuous request.